05 March 2013

Balinese and paying tax

The Bali office of the Taxation Directorate disclosed that most of workers residing on the island had yet to pay income tax.

Only 12.3 percent of workers had registered themselves as taxpayers, while the remaining 87.7 percent had not.

Given that the number of registered taxpayers on the island is very small, we are quite eager to engage all stakeholders, including the regional administrations, to spread information on the importance of registering and paying taxes, the head of the tax office said, after accompanying governor Made Mangku Pastika and top provincial officials to submit their annual tax reports (SPT).

Data from the Central Statistics Agency (BPS) showed that 2.9 million of the island’s 3.9 million residents are employed. However, the number of registered taxpayers was only 365,000 individuals. Out of the registered taxpayers, only 229,000 have annually submitted their tax reports.

This is paradise....

No comments:

Post a Comment